Thursday 24 April 2014

Update since last year

Posted by Gary

It's time to start blogging again and I thought I'd start with an update since last year. Training and  completing the London 100 last year had given me the bug for cycling, so in September I gave my local cycling club (VC Melyd) a ring and asked to join them for a ride. I should be ok, I thought I must be fit after all that training. Huge miscalculation of my fitness, those boys and girls were on a different level, after 10 mins and halfway up the first hill it took everything in me not to turnaround a cycle back home and never show my face at the club again. Instead I carried on the 30 mile ride, with the club members waiting for me at the top of every hill (they like hills). I got home, crawled through the door, emptied the contents of my stomach in the loo and collapsed in to my bed, slipping in to deepest sleep I have ever had, Kati said she kept checking to see I was still breathing. This was repeated the next 3 or 4 times I went out with the club, but now I don't throw up anymore and not so bad on the hills. I have still got the bug for cycling and still got my old bike, I have a few more wrinkles on my face a few more grey hairs in my beard but nothing has changed really. Simon is still missed and we can't wait for the London 100 this year to raise money for the Epilepsy Society in memory of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment