Saturday 22 June 2013

This cycling malarkey could finish me off!

Posted by Kati

To give you a quick update.... Firstly apologies for not write for a while we have been busy training none stop (well we we're until we took a little break to visit Matty and Asia for three week aka a cheeky holiday) but now we're back and raring to go! (this is a bit of an exaggeration - raring for this torment to end more like!) 

So first trip out after our hols pretty much killed me & saddle sore returned with a vengance! I was really down hearted as it felt all the training was wasted... However the next two have been some of my best/progressive rides, so the hope of managing this epic challenge is starting to look like I have a chance. Despite Gary getting a flat tyre (kind of fancied him a little bit more when he got all manly & fixed it in a flash) we did a 12 mile hill training session (evil beyond evil) climbing 170m in a mile & 1/2 with Gary shouting climbing technique instructions behind me as we headed into a tough head wind and the day before completing my fasted trip to date averaging 14 mph with hill climbs & roads. 

The week is finally finishing on a positive!  




No comments:

Post a Comment